Labels

Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Break!!

For Spring break, I headed South. No, not on a cruise....something better. I got to see my fiance! I got there on a Friday night, only to have to say goodbye to him Saturday and Sunday day (it was drill weekend, meaning he was gone from 7 am - 4 pm). Luckily for me, I love his family, so it wasn't bad hanging out with them. But I sure did miss him, especially on Sunday when everyone at church couldn't figure out where he was. When we finally got to be together, we went out on their new boat with his cousin, Aaron.

They saw something cool...at least pretended to.

Also, I got to drive the boat. But I got tired of it after a while and handed it back over to Greg and Aaron. I know how boys and vehicles are.

Anyway, we were really bad at taking pictures this trip. So we went all week without any. Not that we did anything too exciting during it. We registered, which was so fun! It's like shopping for all this stuff you want, but you don't have to pay. You get the same level of satisfaction you would if you had bought it. Next time I have an urge to spend money, I think I'll set up a registry. Haha! But it really was so fun because we were shopping together for our future home, and we were discussing colors and stuff. Greg enjoys the decorating aspect of things, which I love. It's nice that he has an opinion, and we are usually side by side in our views of how things look together. It's just fun to discuss that stuff, and to have someone tell me my ideas will look good, I just need that encouragement.

I went to a few classes with him at his community college--dang, that was nothing like a 4 year university. It kind of took me back to high school. We were planning to take a trip to Oxford on Friday, to check out the Ole Miss campus (where I applied for Grad School), but I got sick for about a day, and was still feeling the repercussions of it. So we didn't go, sadly.

But luckily I was feeling better on Saturday. When we went to a Lynard Skynard concert. Holla! I didn't know any of the songs (well, I knew Sweet Home Alabama, and was familiar with Free Bird). But it was really fun. We went with Greg's parents, who seemed to enjoy it as well. While there, I thought it was even more fun to watch everyone get more and more drunk. There was one guy in front of us who started off fine, but as the night went on, and he got more drinks in him, he started getting louder and more wild in his dance moves. It was funny to watch. Greg thought he was checking me out, so he had to move in to make sure the guy knew I was taken. But it was still so funny to watch everyone go crazy.

We took this in the car on the way there. We had to wait for his parents to finish a meeting on the way, so we made good use of our time by getting snacks at a gas station and taking pictures.

We are so cute!

We went on the boat again before I left, and we went fishing! I didn't catch anything, but I did get a couple bites.

We look so cute, just fishing together!

My attempt. I did better at the back of the boat.

Greg trying his luck off the side.

Good thing we had Aaron around to take this super cute picture. It was my idea and it turned out dang cute! It's one of my favorites.


There was also a tornado warning while I was there. It was intense! We had to go under the stairs. It was Greg and I and his two cousins at home at the time. We stayed in there for about an hour, and we're pretty sure we didn't need to be in there that long. But we had fun playing cards and just chilling. You can really bond when you're stuck in a closet together. I also made dinner for them all on Sunday and Monday night. Everyone seemed to enjoy it a lot. That made me feel good.

So....in summation, it was great to spend time with Greg and his family. It was so so good to be together with him again. I can't wait until we are able to be together forever, and we don't have to say goodbye for a month or two at a time. We spent a lot of time in their hot tub and outside in the warm (ish) weather (it was rainy a good chunk of the time). Coming back was the last thing I wanted to do. I love being with him, and, truth be told, I do like it in Mississippi. Everyone tells me to just wait until summer, it's terrible. So we'll see if my mind changes. But as of right now, I do like it alot. But don't tell my parents ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment